I was reading one of my friend’s blog about Monday motivation and decided to do a bit of writing on my own.
To make the most of my Mondays, I “close shop” at 4:00p on Friday and spend the next hour or so picking up.
- I clean up my desk
- Empty the recycling bin & trash can
- Vacuum the office
- Make my to do list for next week
- Update my project calendar and post it on my site for my clients to see.
- If there is some free time, I try to send a quick “Checking in” email to those clients that I haven’t heard from in a while, or add that to my to do list.
- Since I try not to work on the weekends, I have my virus scan on Fridays at 6:00p and if I do poke my head into my office over the weekend, the scan is done by Saturday morning.
- On Monday morning, when I walk into my office … everything is tidy, organized and I’m ready to go.
Don’t be afraid to use some of your office time to keep things tidy & organized. It will make you more productive. If you have children, have them help you out with the Friday routine – cleaning, filing, labeling, etc. It gives you the opportunity to be in your office, along with your children, while still being productive.
About Out of the Office Virtual Assistance:
At Out of the Office, we are committed to providing earth-friendly administration and offer ideas and ways to increase your productivity, decrease your workload, and work more efficiently. We nurture a successful business relationship, while continuing to grow as your business partner. We are focused on streamlining your administration, social media planning and execution, and offering creative solutions for your business success.
Image credit: Office: Desk by Brent Ozar | CC BY-SA 2.0